評分
  • 匿名
    9 月 前
    最佳解答

你的老師相信你念了嗎?若要你拿書出來呢?

Title : The Grils

Author : Emma Cline

pages 346 pages

Setting: This story takes place in Northern California.

Time: 1960s. At the start of summer

Main character : Evie Boyd,

Review

I was put off by the idea of this book--the twentysomething author is writing about the 60s, an era that may even predate her parents; it features a very Manson-like cult (really, is there anything more to say?) and, well, it comes with a lot of pre-publication “buzz.” So hear this: The Girls really is as good as they’re saying. First of all: it’s called The Girls for a reason; While this mesmerizing debut does involve a charismatic Mansonesque leader in California in the late 1960s, it is more focused on the girls in his cult, the ones who enthrall 14 year old Evie Boyd, a self-conscious child of divorce, privilege and malaise. The tale of the girls and the cult and the ultimate violence they commit is told by Evie, now a middle aged woman with regrets. Some of the parallels Cline tries to draw between the teenaged Evie’s rage and that of some current young people in her life can be strained but Cline’s observations are preternaturally mature and her writing strong. (A character the girls are attempting to rob lies “on her kitchen floor, calling my name like a right answer.”) The subject matter may be familiar--and I don’t just mean Manson, I mean the way teenagers can be terrified and terrifying all at once--Cline’s The Girls is surprisingly timeless and perfectly creepy.

Would you recommend this book to your friens?Why or why not?

Yes. I would like to recommend to friends .

• 登入以回覆解答
還有問題嗎?立即提問即可得到解答。