How to become a fashion designer? Or what a fashion designer should possess?
- ValLv 44 年前最愛解答
First Part (Honing Your Fashion Design Skills):
1) Develop your skills. Successful fashion designers have a wide array of skills, including drawing, an eye for color and texture, an ability to visualize concepts in three dimensions, and the mechanical skills involved in sewing and cutting all types of fabrics.
2) Learn more. If you can, it makes good sense to get a diploma or degree in fashion design or a related program. You'll learn a great deal, make excellent early contacts and have ample opportunity to show off your skills in a less judgmental environment.
Second Part (Working Out Which Fashion is Your Passion):
1) Decide which designing field is your principal interest.
2) Downsize your ego.
3) Ask your customers what they need.
4) Make concessions.
5) Get inspiration from your competitors.
6) Plan some key pieces.
Third Part (Deciding if the Fashion Industry is Ready for You):
1) Assess your skills and personality honestly before pursuing a career in fashion design.
Fourth Part (Setting Yourself Up for Success):
1) Get educated about the business side of fashion.
2) Look for fashion design jobs.
3) If running your own design business, be prepared to be financially astute.
4) Be realistic.
Fifth Part (Creating Your Fashion Portfolio):
1) Assemble a portfolio of your work.