Yahoo 知識+ 將於 2021 年 5 月 4 日 (美國東岸時間) 停止服務,而 Yahoo 知識+ 網站現已轉為僅限瀏覽模式。其他 Yahoo 資產或服務,或你的 Yahoo 帳戶將不會有任何變更。你可以在此服務中心網頁進一步了解 Yahoo 知識+ 停止服務的事宜,以及了解如何下載你的資料。

Travelling in EU?


I m a Hong Kong citizen, and I own a British Citizenship passport (not BNO)

I have never been to Europe before and I have a few questions to ask

1. As far as I know, UK is not a Schengen Area, but only an European Union Member.

So, do I have any limits to stay in Europe especially for Schengen areas? Like what's the maximum days of staying?

2. I've done some research online, that there is no border control between Schengen areas, can I enjoy this benefit too as an EU citizen?

3. Will everything be easier if I use my Hong Kong passport?

thanks for your help!

2 個解答

  • 4 年前

    1. Brexit aside, there's no limits on the duration for a British citizen to stay in any European Union country or any non-EU Schengen country.

    To clarify, this additionally applies to the non-Schengen EU countries of Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Ireland, Romania as well as the non-EU Schengen countries of Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway and Switzerland.

    2. Travelling between Schengen countries without border controls applies to ALL citizens regardless of nationality. However, please be aware that some Schengen countries have imposed internal ID checks due to the recent European migrant crisis (this won't affect the validity of your stay, but be sure to have your passport on hand).

    3. HKSAR and BNO passports only enjoy 90 days visa-free access to the Schengen Area (all Schengen countries counted as a whole), as well as non-Schengen EU countries (duration of stay separately counted between each country in this case).

    Most European airports have an additional EU/EEA citizen queue which circumvents the long waiting times, and the process is much more simple as EU/EEA passports are merely checked, but not stamped, when travelling within the EU, whereas non-EU/EEA passports are stamped. (at least this was the case when I used my BC passport to travel to Norway and France)

    Overall, using the BC passport would be relatively hassle-free.

  • Gary
    Lv 7
    4 年前

    1. As of this moment, a British Citizen Passport can enjoy freedom of movement (permanent residence) within any EU member states and Switzerland.

    2. See above. The Schengen Agreement (the treaty creating Schengen Area) does not apply to you as you can live within any EU member states and Switzerland permanently.

    3. Absolutely not.