女兒於2013往英國讀大學, 今年7月回港, 其間以特區護照及學生簽証(至2016年7月)來回. 將於9月回英. 另今年辦理及取得英國護照. 打算畢業留英取工作經簽, : 1.9月尾回英以特區護照出入境, 明年可否仍留英 2英國護照出入境, 學生簽可有問题 有勞?
- GaryLv 76 年前最愛解答
The answers are based on all previous questions and responses.
Once she becomes a British Citizen (and have the passport available), she should never use her HKSAR Passport entering and leaving the U.K.
1. Many countries prohibit their citizens to use foreign passports to enter the countries. I am not certain if this is the case with the U.K., but still it is best to avoid.
2. When she uses her HKSAR Passport and Tier 4 visa, she is subject to immigration control. However, by using British Citizen Passport, she is not subject to immigration control. In that case, she can avoid any potential immigration issues.
3. As she is a British Citizen by descent, in order to pass her citizenship to next generation, her children must be either born in the U.K. or she must live the U.K. for 3 consecutive years. Since she use her HKSAR Passport in the past, even she is a British Citizen by descent, her "settlement" in the U.K. is questionable.
1. The visa can leave alone. As a matter of law, she is no longer eligible for a visa as she has the right to abode.
2. Only for her next generation only. This is why she should stay 3 years in the U.K. if possible as a British Citizen.
3. British Citizen Passport will be best, as you will face less obstacle and you will be able to take care certain affairs (like getting a NI number).
- 6 年前
by point 1., she should / has to use the British passport when she go back to UK this Sept end. Would there be any issue/violation to the student visa (to be expired July 2016) or it can just left alone?
by point 3, does it mean that even with British citizenship (passport), she may not be able to stay in UK after graduation in mid 2016 or the case only refer to her next generation ?
one general question, as my wife and I also just got the British passport, and if we go to UK next summer, do we need to use the British passport or 特區護照 can also be ?