What is the difference of prosperous and blossoming?? Please give me an example for the sentence,Thx~~
- GodfreyLv 75 年前最愛解答
PROSPEROUS (adjective) 成功的; 繁榮的﹐興旺的﹐發達的
= successful in material terms; flourishing financially:
= bringing wealth and success:
1, We wish you a Merry Christmas and a prosperous New Year
2. We visited the prosperous counties of northern California last year.
3. Home ownership was once a privilege of the prosperous middle classes.
prosperous + economy, future, region, nation, suburb, merchant,
BLOSSOMING (adjective) 興旺的, 發展的 (前途有望的) ,. 開花的
= flourishing, thriving, developing into a healthy and promising way
4. Many East Europeans value the blossoming relationship between Israel and Eastern Europe
5. “China market drives New Zealand's blossoming cherry growth”
~ from http://www.china.org.cn/
6. “Coffee chains battle over newly blossoming markets”
~ from http://asia.nikkei.com/
7. Blossoming orange trees emit a heavenly aroma.
Blossoming (present participle, noun)
If someone or something blossoms, they develop good, attractive, or successful qualities.
When a tree blossoms, it produces the flowers that appear on a tree before the fruit.
8. Your daughter is blossoming out into a beautiful girl. (~ used to form present continuous tense)
9. Spring is the best season in Tokyo, with cherry tress blossoming beautifully after the winter rest. (~ used in a participial phrase)
10. London is the city that represents the blossoming of British art, pop and fashion. (~ used as a noun)
The difference between prosperous and blossoming:-
"prosperous" much involves material success, especially financial success.
"blossoming" is more to do with growth and developing.
2015-06-26 11:21:30 補充：
cherry trees, not cherry "tress" (typo error)
2015-06-26 20:11:33 補充：
"prosperous" is an adjective. It cannot function as a present participle.
That is the functional difference.
blossoming + market, relationship, love, romance
2015-06-28 01:13:40 補充：
Their meanings are not the same.
prosperous = rich ~ used when people's money is related to success in business.
prosperous merchant, prosperous town/city/country, prosperous future
We want to create a prosperous future for all our citizens.
The town became prosperous because of the trade.
2015-06-28 02:03:22 補充：
"blossoming" (adj.) is not listed separately in any dict.
As a present participle, it can be used as an adjective.
blossoming tree, blossoming talent
"blossoming" in these phrases can't be replaced with "prosperous".
~ different meaning.
2015-06-28 02:34:24 補充：
Choice of diction is important in English writing.
一個有數十年經商經驗而很成功的商人, 可用 prosperous merchant
不是 blossoming merchant
prosperous = rich, 不多不少有 well-established 感
Cindy came from a prosperous family.
The 30-year-old manager is a blossoming talent.資料來源： Oxford English Dictionary; Collins Dictionary
- 5 年前
The meaning of prosperous and blossoming is same or similar?Their meaning is adjectives?
2015-06-27 23:24:04 補充：
I mean the phrase!
2015-06-30 17:38:03 補充：
OK,I know,thank you
- TOMING88Lv 75 年前
Difference of prosperous and blossoming:-
eg:-I have a" prosperous" ,adj, business in my life.
eg:-The cherry-trees are" blossoming" in this month is in simile to he is "blossoming" out as a first-rate athlete.