MATH一問 (20分) 第一篇
Chapter 2 Introduction to Algebra
1. The weights of an empty box and a book are 2 kg and 3kg respectively.If the total
weight of books and a box cannot exceed 72 kg,find the maximum numbers of
books inside the box.
2. Sean is the tutor of Kit.The tutorial fee is $120per hour.For each tutorial lessons,
Kit pays Sean $10 as a travel allowance.If Kit has 4 tutorial lessons in July,the total
fee is $880.How many hours does Kit spend in tutorial lessons in July?
3. The 10th and the12th term of the Fibonacci Sequence are 55 and 144
respectively.Find the 11th and the 13th term of that sequence.
Chapter 3 Linear Equation in one unknown
1. Five times a number is smaller than nine times that number by20.Find the
Solution: Let x be the number.
?x - ?x = ?
x = ?
2. A,B,C have a total of 69kg rice.If A has one third of the rice of B and B has 5
times as much as C,find the amount of rice each person has.
3. In a computer shop,the total sales revenue of x Brand J MP3 players and 8
Brand S MP3 players is $18800.If the selling price of each Brand J and Brand S
MP3 players was$1280 and $1560 respectively.
(a) Use x to represent
(1) the total sales revenue of selling Brand J MP3 players.
(2)the total sales revenue of selling Brand S MP3 players.
(b)Use x to formulate an equation and hence find the value of x.
- 8 年前最愛解答
Let the no. of books be x.
2 + 3x ≤ 72
x ≤ 70/3
∴ Maximum number of books is 23.
Let the number of hours be x.
4(10) + 120x = 880
x = 7
∴ The number of hours is 7.
Let the 11th term be x.
55 + x = 144
x = 89
∴11th term = 89.
13the term = 89 + 144 = 233
9x - 20 = 5x
x = 5
Let C has x kg of rice.
x+ 5x + 1/3(5x) = 69
x = 9
∴Weight of rice they have:
A = 1/3(5)(9) = 15 kg
B = 5(9) = 45 kg
C = 9 kg
18800 - 1280x
1280x + 1560(8) = 18800
x = 4.9375資料來源： myself