Question on USA K1 Visa
I am from Hong Kong and my boyfriend is an American. My boyfriend and I are considering to get marry but not definite yet. In the meantime I would like to find out more information. If we decide to marry next year, we can apply the K1 visa, right?
1. What if he is 17 years older than me, will that be more difficult for us to apply that visa? Would that take longer to proceed? He has a really good job and I too have a good job in Hong Kong. Would that be helpful for the application process?
2. What kind of prove do we have to prove that we are in a real relationship?
BTW we started our relationship about two years ago and we have been flying back and forth to see each other between US and HK. I got more time off so I have been the States more than he came to HK.
3. Is that truth K1 visa is faster than K3 visa? I don't mind getting married before or after to get my visa. As long as we can be together that is my mind concern and of course I'd like the fastest way.
Thanks so much for your help and advice!!
Thank you so much Gary!
I would like to know what kind of prove of our relationship and because of our ages differences, the travel documents, photos and phone bill records will that be helpful? What more information can we collect?
- ChiLv 59 年前最愛解答
1. The age difference will only make the officer to have more questions. As long as you can prove your relationship are real. There shouldn't be problem. There will be more problem if he had applied someone before, and divorced or so.
2. For Proof of relationship... You need them on interview. There aren't set in stone answers. Common things as pictures and Phone record. Of course, if you have a baby with him having his name on birth certificate as father, there will be no further question to ask :p
I think the idea is to show you already have a long term relationship with him:
- Bring photos from different period, different famous places will be helpful to prove your relationship that you have been with him for quite a while.
- Bring photos of you with him with different relatives and friends, and this shows you two are well-known as a pair with your friends and his friends.
- Phone bills of his and yours with matching phone number from old time may help...
- Passport / Old Passport can show you two were travelling to somewhere together.
3. K3 is no more.
- If you married in HK, then apply Green Card. I think it took a bit more than a year.
- If you apply for K1, it should take about half year. You are required to marry with him within 3 months after you arrived US.
- ?Lv 79 年前
1. Yes. No offense, 17 years of gap seems far (and definitely this is what USCIS and the Consulate will focus).
The time needed depends on how well you can demonstrate the relationship.
Also - jobs do not matter in this case.
2. Ask yourself. Each person is different.
For instance, the record that you visit him can be one.
3. The Consulate no longer issues K-3.