English Builder Level 5
1.Let go of the _____________ to make the arrow fly.
bow, lever, gun, trigger
2.Land is listed for sale, and interested applicants ____________ bids to the government.
proceed , submit , induce , succeed
3. The Peak has symbolised ____________ and wealth since the 19th century.
indigence, poverty , charity , prominence
4.The crosses in between are supposed to be like getting to the next level of ___________ blessing.
spiritual , actual , minimal, menial
5. A minimum wage could put off ____________ and lead to increased unemployment.
collectors, homeless, investors, sellers
6. Businesses also argue that Hong Kong’s system has ____________ for many years without wage regulations.
struggled , thrived , shrunk , advertised
7. They perform a traditional dance _____________ by instruments which they invented themselves.
accompanied , created , protected , admired
8. The government first ____________ the current bill in 2008 following a failed attempt at a voluntary minimum wage.
delivered , cancelled , proposed , subsided
9. The Lisu in the most ___________ areas do not speak Mandarin at all.
hidden , enlightened , open , remote