Yahoo 知識+ 將於 2021 年 5 月 4 日 (美國東岸時間) 停止服務,而 Yahoo 知識+ 網站現已轉為僅限瀏覽模式。其他 Yahoo 資產或服務,或你的 Yahoo 帳戶將不會有任何變更。你可以在此服務中心網頁進一步了解 Yahoo 知識+ 停止服務的事宜,以及了解如何下載你的資料。

California driving license

I am a Hong Kong resident, but I need to travel to US often to visit my children who are students in California. I enter US as a visitor, so can I apply for a California driving license, i.e. can I take the written test in DMV and then the road test?

I have no driving license in Hong Kong.

I phoned the DMV office in San Francisco and they said they don't know. How come the answer is like that!

I asked my friends and many of them said yes.

So Can any body give me the correct answer?

Many thanks.

2 個解答

  • Ha Ha
    Lv 7
    1 十年前


    How to apply for a driver license if you are over 18

    If you are a visitor in California over 18 and have a valid driver license from your home state or country, you may drive in this state without getting a California driver license as long as your home state license remains valid.

    If you become a California resident, you must get a California driver license within 10 days. Residency is established by voting in a California election, paying resident tuition, filing for a homeowner’s property tax exemption, or any other privilege or benefit not ordinarily extended to nonresidents.

    To take your driving test, you will need to:

    •Make a driving test Appointment(s) . (Driving tests are not given without an appointment.) You may also call 1-800-777-0133 between the hours of 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. Monday-Friday, to make a driving test appointment.

    •Provide proof of financial responsibility

    •California Insurance Requirements

    Social security number (SSN) requirement

    The Social Security Act allows any state to use the SSN to establish the identification of an individual. The California Vehicle Code requires the collection of the social security number.

    All applicants must submit to DMV their social security number. Evidence of your social security number is required only on applications for an original commercial driver license and any request to correct a SSN that is already on the driver record data base, regardless of the class.

    Exception to the SSN requirement:

    If you are legally present in the US, but ineligible for an SSN, you are exempt from SSN requirements. However, you must still provide an acceptable birth date/legal presence document for any DL/ID card application OR provide a valid SSN.

  • YIP
    Lv 7
    1 十年前

    If you are a Hongkong Citizen and should apply to Department of transportation for the witten and driving tests in order to obtain the Hongkong driving licence first. Once you done it and obtain the driving Licence then you could apply the International driving licence. When you obtained the International driving licence and you can legally drive in any nations you like provided you are not resident of that nation within the limit of days that were allowed. Otherwise, you should apply to the Department of transportation of that nation for obtain the driving licence over the period of your stay in that nation.