promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
MOMO 發問於 寵物 · 1 十年前

請問狗狗遲左一星期食心思蟲藥怕唔怕?

狗狗遲左一星期食心思蟲藥怕唔怕ga?

有邊隻藥係食遲左就要狗狗重新驗血再食ga?

唔係心思蟲藥掛?/

請解答啦...好擔心呢~

2 個解答

評分
  • 1 十年前
    最愛解答

    It depends on what hearworm(心思蟲) drug your dog was on previously.

    If on heartguard (commonly used in HK) the drug is suppose to be a monthly prophylaxis for heartworm. With a one week delay and being spring/summer in HK, the risk is wether your dog had been out or is likely to have contact with mosquitos. This is because hearworm are pass from dog to dog by mosquito bite. If the chance of being bitten within this week is low, you may consider giving your dog heartguard as soon as possible.

    But if your dog have high chances of in contact with mosquito, it would be better to have your dog tested. Because if your dog is already infected and you give your dog the drug without removing the microfilariae, the microfilariae killed by the drug will cause immue response and could lead to heart failure which can be very severe or fatal. However, you will not be able to confirm infection now anyway as the worm can't be detected at this stage. The textbook practice is to wait for ~6month so the microfilariae had grown into adult and start producing microfilariae in blood (the presence of microfilariae is one of the diagnostic method for heartworm)

    I had the same problem when I had my first dog and I gave it heartguard drug because she mostly stay indoor( we're quite sure she wont be bitten) and she was fine. But really it is a gamble and you bear the risk if you dont have your dog tested.

    資料來源: a vet student who just did a parasitology exam today
    • Commenter avatar登入以回覆解答
  • 1 十年前

    一星期還可以唔驗血,但最好盡快做番,尤其依家春天滴虱心絲蟲都防足會好D。

    • Commenter avatar登入以回覆解答
還有問題嗎?立即提問即可得到解答。