Yahoo 知識+ 將於 2021 年 5 月 4 日 (美國東岸時間) 停止服務。從 2021 年 4 月 20 日 (美國東岸時間) 起,Yahoo 知識+ 網站將轉為僅限瀏覽模式。其他 Yahoo 資產或服務,或你的 Yahoo 帳戶將不會有任何變更。你可以在此服務中心網頁進一步了解 Yahoo 知識+ 停止服務的事宜,以及了解如何下載你的資料。

匿名
匿名 發問於 科學及數學生物學 · 1 十年前

[HKAL] 請Biology 高手入內解答.

Procedures for amniocentesis:

1. withdrawal of amniotic fluid

culture the foetal cells for 2

weeks

3. chromosomal analysis

why is Step 2 necessary?

Is

it to ensure the foetal cells have grown into a suitable development stage for analysis?

唔該~

1 個解答

評分
  • 1 十年前
    最愛解答

How many cells do you expect to get from one sample of amniotic fluid? not many, I guess.

When you have many cells, you will have a higher chance to find one dividing. If you look at the pictures from a text book with many cells, most of them the chromosome is invisible.

So your answer is partly right. Bearing in mind that foetal cell division is not synchronized, I would say [the higher cell count] is the main reason for step 2.

2010-04-14 12:07:54 補充:

I think it is not "more time for mitosis".

For the life cycle of a cell, mitosis takes a very brief moment compared with the dormant stages. Given a single cell, it does not need 2 weeks to complete a mitosis process.

2010-04-14 12:12:36 補充:

It is not possible for us to put one cell under observation for a long time to wait for this moment. What we usually do is to scan through all the cells at the same time, and look for one which happens to be under mitosis.

2010-04-14 12:12:59 補充:

You don't really need many cells to confirm chromosomal anormalies. One single cell under the right mitosis stage will do.

The difficulty usually lies in finding "THE" cell with the right timing out of the rest of the cells.

2010-04-14 12:14:34 補充:

By increasing the total number of cells by culturing, you increased the chance of finding one with the right stage. That's it.

還有問題嗎?立即提問即可得到解答。