"Both erosional and depositional coastal landforms are found along the coast in the eastern part of Hong Kong. Explain why."
俾d points 我is ok.
- 10 年 前最佳解答
- the east and south-east monsoon are long fetch, the north-west north-east monsoon are medium fetch or even short fetch
- long fetch > high waves (energy strong = plunging breakers)
- high waves, short wavelength = destructive wave
- destructive wave: weak swash + strong backwash > remove material from beach = erosion
- erosion > sea caves (Po Pin Chau at Sai Kung), geo (Rocky Harbour at the south-east of Sai Kung Peninsula)
- the short fetch > sheltered area > sediment deposition
- form spits and bar (Pui O in Lantau Island)
2010-04-08 18:45:19 補充：
* But erosional landforms are more than depositional coastal landforms along the coast in the eastern part of Hong Kong.