- GaryLv 71 十年前最愛解答
I assume the following:
1. Your Permanent Resident Card is still valid (but soon to be expired).
2. You are under 21 years old.
There is nothing you can do anyway as leaving more than 6 months without a valid reason can be considered as abandonment of your residency.
Here is the possible outcome:
a. You can enter without any problems. (Rare)
b. You will be subject to additional interview. But they let you in anyway without doing anything more. (Possible)
c. You will be subject to additional interview. Then they confiscate your Permanent Resident Card and instruct you to fight it in front of an immigration judge in an immigration hearing. (The most possible)
See how thing turns. Hope your luck does not change.
2010-03-30 22:41:55 補充：
Same situation. No difference.
- jhungaryLv 71 十年前
depend on your full situation.
If you absent from US for 6 continous month without valid permit, you are sees as giving up your premenant residence.
So, you will probably ended up in a panel hearing anyway, so you should better make up your excuses (or reason...hehe).
If you have kept enough US tie, then you should be alright or if you have an extraordinate reason to stay outside US, then you should be fine too.
There are nothing you can do to untie the situation, other than tryingto make up a reason now.
- ?Lv 71 十年前
1. you were undocumented departure USA 10 years ago.
on that time, the customs are not treat passagers as serious as today.
2. when you return to USA, either from any US city or through Canada. all your ID ( passport and green card ) will be scanned for deta check. that time you will be in big trouble.
3. who in your family still lives in USA?
if no one stay in US ( they all left with you 10 years ago and now live in HK ) you are finished, they will deport you right away. no more court hearing necessary!