English grammar items
Please correct the sentences. No sentences has more than one mistake and some sentences are correct. The correction should be three types: (a) word needing to changed and (b) missing word and (c) extra word or no mistake.
1. After finished our work, we went home.
2. Mr Chan bought an used car yesterday.
3. An underground water main burst out in Connaught Road yesterday.
4. Discovery of the gene brought a new hope for liver cancer patients.
5. They are devoted to help children who suffer from AIDS.
6. Paul has been interested in modern dance for a long time.
7. The factory had all its equipment were destroyed in the fire.
8. The missing girl was last seen wearing white T-shirt and jeans.
- 1 十年前最愛解答
1.After finishing our work, we went home (participle clauses,in active tense,should change finished to finishing)
4.The discovery of gene brought a new hope for liver cancer patients.(missing of article)
5.They are devoted to help children who are suffering form AIDS.(if the disease cannot be cured,continuous tense should be used.)
6.Paul has interested in modern dance for a long time.(active voice)
7.The factory had all its equipments destroyed in the fire.(repeated verb o be)
8.the missing girl was last being seen wearing T-shirt and jeans.