teaching of confucius, china
can anyone explain to me what they mean in your own words?
1) do not do to others what you would not want others to do to you.
2) learning without thinking is a waste of effort. Thinking without learning is dangerous.
3) it is in cold of winter that you see how green the pines and cypresses are.
To me, they means
1) Treat others as if you treat yourself.
2) Learning is a road that have no short cut, and required certain effort.
3) Only under harsh conditions, we can distinguish who are the strong ones.
2007-08-02 00:01:42 補充：