promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted
匿名
匿名 發問於 社會科學心理學 · 1 十年前

Why do I want to cut my wrist when I feel sad or stressed...

Why do I want to cut my wrist when I feel sad or stressed? If I don't do so, I would feel very uneasy and even think of some other more violent ways to hurt myself. Somehow I do understand this is wrong and dangerous, but I simply can't help thinking these things. Can anyone explain why I behave like this? Do I have any psychological problems?

2 個解答

評分
  • 1 十年前
    最愛解答

It's because you want to use the pain of cutting your wrist to distract you from the sadness you have. If the wound on your wrist hurts even more, you might unconsiously forget about the stress. BUT i suggest you NOT TO!! You know it's dangerous and it's not worth it to lose your LIFE when you're stressful. It wouldn't help you to feel better, you would just keep giving yourself even more wounds. Depression is a psychological problem but I DON'T think you're that depressed yet, at least you can still type and seek for help here. Over 50% of Hong Kong people have psychological problem, for example, can't fall asleep is one of it. So it's quite common and not a big big problem even if we have psychological problem. Most of the people can heal themselves without going to the doctors.

Here're some of my suggestions:

Try to find some other things that can relax you and take yourself to another state of mind, like going out for a walk in the park or listening to happy music.

Try to talk to someone you trust and let them know how you feel. Listen to what they say.

Try to pray to God and tell him your worries, no matter you're a Christian or not, God will listen.

I hope you'll feel better and be happy again soon!! :)

資料來源: myself
    • Commenter avatar登入以回覆解答
  • 匿名
    1 十年前

From my own point of view, I guess you have been suppressing your deep down feelings for such a while. These things should have been adding up one by one piece in many different aspect over a period of time ; or there is something happened before but you just have not yet overcome it.... maybe you don't even want to think about it or admit it that issue still brother you.

Put this state of mind like a battery.... when it is fully charged, no matter what happens you will have enough power to handle, to face and even to tackle it. However, if the battery is half the way been used or close to be used up. At this point of time, you will be knock down by just a little problem turns up. So, I would encourage you to sit down with a peaceful mind, open up and be honest to yourself..... to face and to solve those problems. If there is someone you can trust / rely on, you may seek help/assistance from them.

You might feel there is no way out for you; you just can't find any channel to let this feeling out. It's just something like you are in a large tank, the water is coming up to your neck and you feel helpless.

When someone feel helpless from the outside(from people) and can't handle or to solve the problem from your own self. That person will tend to start hurting himself/herself. Although this act will not lead to a solution ; however, the person will only focus to release the feeling/pressure at that moment. As a matter of fact, the tremendous physical pain will cover that problem/issue immediately at that time. People just misunderstood / confused that this cut and pain could help to stop them from thinking/focusing on their problem. The whole process is like taking the panadol ; after the physical pain has gone or became less painful, your mind will just running back to that problem/issue again.

After doing that cut, one more problem will just be added on top of the basic one. That's why people feeling worse and carry on repeat this behavior time after time.

I am not a well-educated person and never study any related subject on this.... it is just my own point of view. Please excuse me if I have said anything that it did upset you.... if you have anything would like to share, you are welcome to express it in here..... take care.

• Commenter avatar登入以回覆解答
還有問題嗎?立即提問即可得到解答。