Johnny 發問於 社會及文化語言 · 1 十年 前

這四句英文在文法上有什麼錯? 括住個部份, 請提供詳盡解釋和正確寫法

We need an anti-racism law because some people in Hong Kong {discrimate south Asian people.}

A full week of torrential rain {resulted a flood that killed} hundreds of people.

I {suggested you to visit} Temple Street Night Market if you are looking for cheep goods.

The raging typhoon {prevented many airplanes to land} at Chek Lap Kok.

3 個解答

評分
  • keith
    Lv 7
    1 十年 前
    最佳解答

We need an anti-racism law because some people in Hong Kong {discrimate AGAINST south Asian people.}

discriminate係不同待遇咁解,所以唔同中文「歧視」,可以好可以差。「有優待」的話係 discriminate in favour of ,「歧視」係 discriminate against

A full week of torrential rain {resulted IN a flood that killed} hundreds of people.

「引致」係 result in

I {suggest you visit} Temple Street Night Market if you are looking for cheep goods.

複雜囉。suggest應用 present tense 之餘,呢句其實係一個叫 subjunctive o既 grammar structure,相當 formal,常用o既 verbs 如 ask,recommend,insist,suggest,用時連第三身單數都唔加 s,如:

I insist that he come here at once.

The raging typhoon {prevented many airplanes FROM landING} at Chek Lap Kok.

prevent 後必須要用 from 帶出避免o既事情,既然係事情,即係名詞,呢度就要用 gerund

• 登入以回覆解答
  • 匿名
    1 十年 前

3. I SUGGEST you to visit Temple Street Night Market if you are looking for CHEAP goods.

- The above is also wrong; take out TO in front of visit.

4. The raging typhoon prevented many airplanes to land at Chek Lap Kok.

- airplanes FROM LANDING at

• 登入以回覆解答
  • cw
    Lv 6
    1 十年 前

ALL MISTAKES ARE IN BLOCK LETTERS

1. We need an anti-racism law because some people in Hong Kong discriminate AGAINST South Asian people.

discriminate AGAINST some people NOT discriminate people

2. A full week of torrential rain resulted IN a flood that killed hundreds of people.

result IN something NOT result something

3. I SUGGEST you to visit Temple Street Night Market if you are looking for CHEAP goods.

this is a PRESENT TENSE SENTENCE so use SUGGEST not SUGGESTED; also CHEAP is correct spelling not cheep

4. The raging typhoon prevented many airplanes to land at Chek Lap Kok.

the whole sentence is grammatically correct

• 登入以回覆解答
還有問題嗎?立即提問即可得到解答。