Yahoo 知識+ 將於 2021 年 5 月 4 日 (美國東岸時間) 停止服務。從 2021 年 4 月 20 日 (美國東岸時間) 起,Yahoo 知識+ 網站將轉為僅限瀏覽模式。其他 Yahoo 資產或服務,或你的 Yahoo 帳戶將不會有任何變更。你可以在此服務中心網頁進一步了解 Yahoo 知識+ 停止服務的事宜,以及了解如何下載你的資料。

匿名 發問於 政治及管治法律及道德 · 1 十年前

Can I use my green card to go in and out USA if I stay in HK

I ve been living in USA for 3 years and a greencard holder. I ve been back to Hong Kong and planning to stay for a while.

I know I need to go back every 6 months. But how long should I stay each time? I need to work, I am thinking if I can stay there for only a week every 6 months.

More detailed, I come back on late Feb and I plan to go back on Jul/Aug for a week. If I only stay for a week on July/Aug, then can I go back on Jan 2008 for a week or so?

2 個解答

  • John
    Lv 7
    1 十年前

    Once every 6 months sounds like a good idea. Any period longer than that may need some extra actions. I know people who are green-card holder, working and living in Hong Kong. They only come back to the US once a year, staying anywhere between 1 and 3 weeks. To avoid being questioned by the INS and custom, they usually will come back to the country with their spouses or family members who are already US citizens. They have never been asked why they have been away from the country for so long.

    However, they only have record on when you enter or return to the country, not when you leave the country, so basically they don't know how long have you been away from the country. Just be candid, try not to tell lies to the officials if you are not good at it, and you should be ok. If you have to make up a story and they really happen to ask you why you are away from the country for so long, tell them your company sent you back to Asia for business, or you have to take care of your older relatives. Of course you should think about all the downstream questions they may ask you. The officials are all mean (esp. those in Los Angeles and NY), so just don't get bluffed by them; just be clear on what you are saying.

    Yes, your July/Aug and Jan 2008 plan sounds ok.

  • 1 十年前

    2 more years and you can apply for citizenship!!! And the process is so much faster these days!! sigh

    A green card holder is not supposed to leave the country that long. There is no 6-month rule. If you tell the officer that you have left that long when you go back to US.... 6 months?!?!?!? Are you kidding me? They could take away your green card, and I heard they could put a stamp on your green card, indicating this bad record.

    I can't tell you here what you can do, I don't want to get into trouble. I can tell you what the immigration officer would ask so that you can prepare.

    When you leave US, they don't stamp your passport. When you enter HK using your ID card, there will not be any stamps either. BUT they search for the stamps of when and where you have been to.

    They would ask where you've been, how long you've stayed there, and ask you for your last airline ticket receipt, ie when you left US and if you will be leaving again. ** BE SMART **

    Good luck!