Yahoo 知識+ 將於 2021 年 5 月 4 日 (美國東岸時間) 停止服務。從 2021 年 4 月 20 日 (美國東岸時間) 起,Yahoo 知識+ 網站將轉為僅限瀏覽模式。其他 Yahoo 資產或服務,或你的 Yahoo 帳戶將不會有任何變更。你可以在此服務中心網頁進一步了解 Yahoo 知識+ 停止服務的事宜,以及了解如何下載你的資料。

匿名
匿名 發問於 教育及參考書高等教育 (大學或以上) · 1 十年前

有無人知Miami University

有無人識得美國呢間Miami U呀

我想了解下

更新:

I don't such informaiton about Miami U from wikipedia, I want some thing like personal sugguestion. Still thanks for your response

更新 2:

I don't want such informaiton about Miami U from wikipedia, I want some thing like personal sugguestion. Still thanks for your response

更新 3:

When I posted this question, I wanted to know Miami U (Ohio), because they just admitted me yesterday. I think not many people know this U, so I asked here.

I have also applied for U of Miami (FL), if you can, I would also like to know this.

Thanks a lot

3 個解答

評分
  • 1 十年前
    最愛解答

thats one in Ohio and thats one in Florida..i dont know which one you want to know...

the florida one is decent...i heard that school before...but i dont know anything about the one in ohio..if you know which one you are talking about one, i will add more information for you

2007-05-02 10:37:07 補充:

I would think UMiami is a good school, the weather is nice and Miami is a big city If you want to stay in US, UMiami has a better opportunity for you to get a job. MiamiU is not bad, they have pretty good ranking too but Ohio is a farming state, I don't think it will be as good as UMiami.

資料來源: me
  • John
    Lv 7
    1 十年前

唔識唔好亂答啦

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 十年前

The seventh public college founded in the United States, Miami University dates back to a grant of land made for its support by Congress by George Washington on May 5, 1792. The university's first president, Robert Hamilton Bishop, envisioned Miami as the "Yale of the West" and planned the first several buildings accordingly.[1].

Miami is located in southwestern Ohio approximately thirty miles northwest of Cincinnati. The Miami in this school's name refers to the Miami River valley, cut by two medium-sized rivers, the Little Miami River and the Great Miami River, that flow through southwestern Ohio; the rivers were in turn named after the Miami Indians who lived in the area before European settlement.

Miami is currently ranked 60th",[2] among 252 "National Universities" according to U.S. News & World Report. In this same report the university ranks 21st"[3] among public National Universities. BusinessWeek ranks the undergraduate business program for the Farmer School of Business at 35th[4] among U.S. business schools, 12th among public business schools, and first among Ohio business schools.

The Miami campus is cited as one of the most beautiful in America[citation needed], featuring modified neo-Georgian red brick buildings on an open, tree-shaded campus void of high rise skyscraper dormitories. Robert Frost once declared Miami the "prettiest campus that ever there was."[5] Miami is also striking in that the entire campus is consistent in design and appearance except for the Miami University Art Museum.

Miami was named one of eight original "Public Ivys" in Richard Moll's 1985 book, The Public Ivys: America's Flagship Undergraduate Colleges. Miami is known as the "Cradle of Coaches" because several prominent football coaches were student/athletes and/or coaches at Miami before achieving greater fame at more prominent college programs or the NFL. Among these coaches were Earl Blaik, Paul Brown, Sid Gillman, Woody Hayes, Ara Parseghian, Weeb Ewbank, Bo Schembechler, Randy Walker, Ron Zook, and Joe Novak.

Miami graduated an American President, Benjamin Harrison, putting it in a prestigious category of a league of Presidential alma maters. Miami is only one of four colleges (Stanford, Michigan, and the U.S. Naval Academy) to produce both a U.S. President and a Super Bowl winning quarterback (Ben Roethlisberger). It is also the alma mater of many U.S. Senators, U.S. Representatives, U.S. military leaders, Ohio Governors and Fortune 500 business executives.

For many years, the athletic teams at Miami were nicknamed Redskins, but in 1997, the nickname was changed to RedHawks. Some controversy surrounded this change and some aspects of the old identity persist. The RedHawks participate in NCAA Division I in all sports (I-A in football). Its primary conference is the Mid-American Conference; its hockey program competes in the Central Collegiate Hockey Association.

Miami is also famous for its School of Education, the McGuffey School, named for Professor William Holmes McGuffey, who taught there and wrote America's most widely used pioneer text books - the McGuffey Readers - while at the school.

圖片參考:http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/e/e...

Website

www.muohio.edu

還有問題嗎?立即提問即可得到解答。