- 1 十年前最愛解答
Summary of the Amended Libraries Regulation (Governing the use of the Public Libraries)
(The complete set of Libraries Regulation may be consulted on request at any of the Hong Kong Public Libraries)
1. "Borrower" is widened to include holder of a library card or ID card allowed for library purposes.
2. A person who wishes to use his/her smart ID card as an ID card allowed for library purposes shall complete an application form supplied by the librarian.
3. Lending library materials may be borrowed for a period of 14 days.
4. Where a library material is returned, it may be borrowed by the same borrower for a further period of 14 days unless it is required by another borrower.
5. A charge will be made for library materials returned late at the rate of HK$1.50 a day or part of a day for each adult library material or HK$0.50 a day or part of a day for each junior library material overdue.
6. Each registered borrower may borrow up to six items of library materials.
7. A borrower shall not lend or transfer his/her library card or ID card allowed for library purposes to any other person.
8. A borrower shall forthwith report to the librarian in writing loss of his/her library card or ID card allowed for library purposes.
9. The following fees shall be payable on the issue of replacement library card:
a. for persons of or above the age of 18 years, HK$25; and
b. for persons under the age of 18 years, HK$13.
10. Holder of ID card allowed for library purposes may apply for the use of his/her replacement smart ID card for library purposes when his/her smart ID card is lost and no fee will be levied on the application.
11. Unless a library card or ID card allowed for library purposes has been reported lost in writing the card holder will be held responsible for any library material issued on it.
12. A fee of HK$2.50 will be charged for the reservation of any library material.
13. When a borrower changes his/her address, he/she should notify the Library immediately.
14. Library cards or ID card allowed for library purposes may be used at any of the Hong Kong Public Libraries.
15. Except with the permission of the Librarian or when accompanied by an adult, a person under 12 years of age shall not enter or use the Adult and Reference Library.
16. A borrower shall, before leaving the Library, ensure that any library material issued to him/her is complete and undamaged.
17. A charge will be made for any library material lost or damaged, which will be such sum as the Librarian considers necessary to replace the library material or set of library materials which the library material forms a part. In addition, a surcharge of 20% of such sum shall be payable.
18. A borrower may apply to cancel his/her library card or discontinue the use of his/her smart ID card as ID card allowed for library purposes.