barnet 發問於 社會及文化語言 · 1 十年 前

English and translation majors plz come in

People always say English and translation majors are very good at English. The government even does not require them to take the Bench Mark Test if they engage in teaching English. Actually, how do the courses they study in Univeristy better their language skills? Do you think your English has improved after majoring either of these 2 sujects? If so, how? Plz tell it concretely.

10 points will be given to the one who answers most seriously and whose answer has the highest quality. Thanks

1 個解答

評分
  • 1 十年 前
    最佳解答

i work in the government as an official languages officer. in my opinion, if you take these two courses,you could be a fast and quick translator. Like my boss, she took translation in University and she works like a machine. But, being an official languages official does not mean you are limilted to translation. you are also required to draft Chinese letters and speeches. I think translation courses offer not much in Chinese literature.

the most important thing is you are really interested in these two subjects. Taking either one of these two courses will definitely help improving your language skills, especially English. However, you are also required to polish and update your language skills continuously. you just cannot rely on what you have studied in University for your success in life.

資料來源: me
    • 登入以回覆解答
還有問題嗎?立即提問即可得到解答。