i.c. 發問於 政治及管治法律及道德 · 1 十年前



1 個解答

  • 1 十年前

    It's hard since it's not automatic right. You need to get Indefinite Leave to Remain, one year before applying for citizenship. I suggest you seek advice from a reliable lawyer before making any application. And don't forget you need to pass the English test.

    Requirement for granting Indefinite Leave to Remain:

    Long residence in the United Kingdom

    (i) (a) he has had at least 10 years continuous lawful residence in the United Kingdom; or

    (b) he has had at least 14 years continuous residence in the United Kingdom, excluding any period spent in the United Kingdom following service of notice of liability to removal or notice of a decision to remove by way of directions under paragraphs 8 to 10A, or 12 to 14, of Schedule 2 to the Immigration Act 1971 or section 10 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999 Act, or of a notice of intention to deport him from the United Kingdom; and

    (ii) having regard to the public interest there are no reasons why it would be undesirable for him to be given indefinite leave to remain on the ground of long residence, taking into account his:

    (a) age; and

    (b) strength of connections in the United Kingdom; and

    (c) personal history, including character, conduct, associations and employment record; and

    (d) domestic circumstances; and

    (e) previous criminal record and the nature of any offence of which the person has been convicted; and

    (f) compassionate circumstances; and

    (g) any representations received on the person’s behalf.


    "continuous residence" means residence in the United Kingdom for an unbroken period, and for these purposes a period shall not be considered to have been broken where an applicant is absent from the United Kingdom for a period of 6 months or less at any one time, provided that the applicant in question has existing limited leave to enter or remain upon their departure and return, but shall be considered to have been broken if the applicant:

    (i) has been removed under Schedule 2 of the 1971 Act, section 10 of the 1999 Act, has been deported or has left the United Kingdom having been refused leave to enter or remain here; or

    (ii) has left the United Kingdom and, on doing so, evidenced a clear intention not to return; or

    (iii) left the United Kingdom in circumstances in which he could have had no reasonable expectation at the time of leaving that he would lawfully be able to return; or

    (iv) has been convicted of an offence and was sentenced to a period of imprisonment or was directed to be detained in an institution other than a prison (including, in particular, a hospital or an institution for young offenders), provided that the sentence in question was not a suspended sentence; or

    (v) has spent a total of more than 18 months absent from the United Kingdom during the period in question.

    "lawful residence" means residence which is continuous residence pursuant to:

    (i) existing leave to enter or remain; or

    (ii) temporary admission within section 11 of the 1971 Act where leave to enter or remain is subsequently granted; or

    (iii) an exemption from immigration control, including where an exemption ceases to apply if it is immediately followed by a grant of leave to enter or remain.

    資料來源: IND HOMEPAGE