Yahoo 知識+ 將於 2021 年 5 月 4 日 (美國東岸時間) 停止服務。從 2021 年 4 月 20 日 (美國東岸時間) 起，Yahoo 知識+ 網站將轉為僅限瀏覽模式。其他 Yahoo 資產或服務，或你的 Yahoo 帳戶將不會有任何變更。你可以在此服務中心網頁進一步了解 Yahoo 知識+ 停止服務的事宜，以及了解如何下載你的資料。
except destorying the ozone layer,what are the other problems of using large amount of expanded polystrene?
explain why the destruction of ozone layer will cause harmful effects to human being
- Uncle MichaelLv 71 十年前最愛解答
Except destorying the ozone layer,what are the other problems of using large amount of expanded polystrene?
(1) Plastic waste in the sea poses direct danger to marine life. Fishes and sea animals have been found dead with their digestive tracts clogged by fragments of expanded polystyrene they had ingested. Sea animals have been suffocated to death by plastic bag.
(2) Incineration of expanded polystyrene waste produces air pollutants such as carbon monoxide formed in incomplete combustion. Also, carbon dioxide formed in incineration is a green house gas.
(3) Expanded polystyrene does not generally undergo decomposition in the landfill sites. Thus the waste can last for a long period in the environment.
(4) The use incomplete expanded polystyrene would cause the ingestion of styrene monomers by human beings. Styrene is suspected to cause cancer.
Explain why the destruction of ozone layer will cause harmful effects to human being
The ozone layer in the stratosphere filters out 99% of dangerous ultraviolet radiation from the sun. A thinning of the ozone layer may lead to an increase in the incidence of skin cancer and eye cataract, and a decrease in yield of crops.