1. hold water
2. reel off
3. speak volumes
5. ring true
6. tip off
7. follow suit
8. play hardball
9. fly off the handle
10. iron out
- 1 十年前最愛解答
1. The story did not hold water.
2. I can reel off a long list of idioms.
3. Her actions will speak volumes.
4. My husband thinks he is a city slicker.
5. I wonder if his story will ring true.
6. The police had a tip off about the robbery.
7. Everybody has short hair so I will follow suit.
8. The new office managers play hardball.
9. Everytime I wear my shoes in bed my wife will fly of the handle.
10. I will release my software package after I iron out the problems.
2006-11-30 01:45:20 補充：
- 1 十年前
1) hold water -- your statement of the sun rise from the west wont hold water.
2) reel off -- the old sailor reeled off one story after another.
3) speak volumes -- her testimony speaks volumes.
4) city slicker -- he is such a city slicker that he can not tell a cow from a pig.
5) ring true -- your story may ring true, but I will verify the information
6) tip off -- your story has tipped off an investigation
7) follow suit -- I joined a tour, my friend follow suit
8) play hardball -- my friend plays hardball when selling his company
9) fly off the handle -- my teacher flies off the handle after my comments
10) iron out -- this problem was ironed out a month ago.
Hope this helps