Give three examples of physical and chemical contaminants each. State how these contaminants get into our food and what preventive measures we can implement to avoid these contaminants.
What is high risk foods and why is it easy to cause food borne illness?What we need to do prevent food-borne illness and how it can be controlled?
- rayLv 51 十年前最愛解答
1. Hair. Hair can get into food product easily if any employee who has contact with the product works without a hairnet. To prevent that from happening, all employee have to wear hairnet (& beardnet if having beard).
2. Glass. If packaging materials include glass, broken glasses can get into final products. To prevent that from happening, companies should separate glass packaging line from other packaging lines, have control points to ensure containers are free of glass chips and have a broken glass program.
3. Jewelry. Jewelry can also get into products if employee who wears jewelry to work at production lines. To prevent that from happening, jewelry should be taken off before working at production lines (if has to wear wedding band, the band has to be plain) and gloves have to be worn.
1. Cross contamination. If machines/production line is not being clean enough, additives like SO2, MSG & certain types of amino acids might get into products which processed at the same production line of that should contain no such chemicals. Preventive measurement: follow GMP, clean machines/production line well and perform tests to make sure no residue left over.
2. Pesticides. Produces being sprayed by pesticides might be picked before schedule or not clean well enough. Preventive measurement: again, follow GMP/schedule, clean produces well and also tests for pesticides' presence.
3. Toxin in food. For example, ciguatoxin in fish. Preventive measurement: make sure getting raw materails from reputable vendors and to perform related tests to clear to raw materials before used.
High risk foods are usually the one being handle by hand a lot. That way, there would be a lot of chances for cross contaimination to take place. Food handlers should know and understand their GMP policy and be good at their personal hygiene. Employers should also provide training to employees to elavate employees knowledge on the issue.
- 1 十年前
There are three prime sources of foreign bodiesraw materials
process plant (or food preparation area)/equipment and buildings
people .Prevention is always better than detection. The principle of prevention is that the protection of food against the inclusion of foreign bodies requires potential sources to be identified and assessed for the types of foreign bodies associated with them and their degrees of seriousness. Appropriate preventive methods such as the banning of glass containers, use of hygienic operations, good housekeeping, regular inspections, personnel training are progressively applied at various