promotion image of download ymail app
Promoted

F4 ECON (PRICE ELASTICITY OF DEMAND AND SUPPLY)

1)請問的士的demand係inelastic定係elastic?

2)under which condition will the taxi driver's revenue rise after the taxi fare cut?

2 個解答

評分
  • A
    Lv 5
    1 十年前
    最愛解答

the demand for taxi is highly elastic.

An increase in taxi fare would highly influence the demand for taxi - the demand for taxi would drop. On the other hand, the demand for mtr is inelastic when compare to the demand for taxi, as if the mtr fare increase, the demand for bus would have minimal change.

2006-11-13 23:01:15 補充:

2) Conditions: (while holding all other factors are unchange) e.g. petrol, taxi rent, tunnel fees are the same)Whether the demand for taxi has increase dramatically. If there is no huge difference in demand for taxi, then there would not be much change in revenue.

資料來源: my knowledge
    • Commenter avatar登入以回覆解答
  • 1 十年前

Taxi is elastic. It is because beside taxi, there are many substitutes. If there are more substitutes, then the demand will be more elastic.

If the demand is elastic, i.e. elasticity > 1, then when the price is decreased, the total revenue will be increased. It is becuase the change in quantities is greater than the change in price. Therefore, if the demand is inelastic, i.e. elasticity < 1, then when the price is decreased, the total revenue will be decreased. It is because the change in quantities is smaller than the change in price.

• Commenter avatar登入以回覆解答
還有問題嗎?立即提問即可得到解答。