Complete this definition with a suitable word
You rearch a ｃ___________ when you come to an agreement with someone but both parties give up something they originally wanted.
- 1 十年前最愛解答
com‧pro‧mise /ˈkɒmprəˌmaɪz/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[kom-pruh-mahyz] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation noun, verb, -mised, -mis‧ing.
–noun 1. a settlement of differences by mutual concessions; an agreement reached by adjustment of conflicting or opposing claims, principles, etc., by reciprocal modification of demands.
2. the result of such a settlement.
3. something intermediate between different things: The split-level is a compromise between a ranch house and a multistoried house.
4. an endangering, esp. of reputation; exposure to danger, suspicion, etc.: a compromise of one's integrity.
–verb (used with object) 5. to settle by a compromise.
6. to expose or make vulnerable to danger, suspicion, scandal, etc.; jeopardize: a military oversight that compromised the nation's defenses.
7. Obsolete. a. to bind by bargain or agreement.
b. to bring to terms.
–verb (used without object) 8. to make a compromise or compromises: The conflicting parties agreed to compromise.
9. to make a dishonorable or shameful concession: He is too honorable to compromise with his principles.資料來源： compromise. (n.d.). Dictionary.com Unabridged (v 1.0.1). Retrieved November 12, 2006, from Dictionary.com website: http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/compromise
- 1 十年前
the word is compromise.
- I Have No NameLv 71 十年前
- 1 十年前
2006-11-13 14:36:05 補充：
2006-11-13 14:36:50 補充：
1. 妥協,和解[C][U][( between)]I hope we shall come to a compromise.我希望我們能達成妥協。2. 妥協方案,折衷辦法;折衷物[C]The interior decoration of the house is a compromise between Chinese and foreign styles.這所房子的內部裝飾是中西兩式的折衷物。
2006-11-13 14:37:07 補充：
3. 連累,危及[S][( of)]She did it without compromise of her reputation.她做這事而無損她的名譽。4. (原則等的)放棄[S][( of)]
2006-11-13 14:37:23 補充：
1. 互讓解決(分歧等)2. 連累,危及You will compromise your good name if you associate with these people.你如果與這些人交往就會損害你的好名聲。3. 放棄(原則等);洩露(祕密等)He refused to compromise his principles.他拒絕放棄原則。
2006-11-13 14:37:39 補充：
1. 妥協,讓步[( on)]They found it wiser to compromise with her.他們覺得與她妥協更明智。
2006-11-13 14:38:10 補充：
2006-11-13 14:38:55 補充：
名複: compromises動變: compromised; compromised; compromising
2006-11-13 14:39:32 補充：
- karenLv 61 十年前